Tuesday, November 17, 2015

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. In verdant pastures he gives me repose; Besides restful waters he leads me; he refreshes my soul. He guides me in right paths for his name's sake. Even though I walk in the dark valley I fear no evil; for you are at my side with your rod and your staff that give me COURAGE.
You spread the table before me in the sight of my foes; You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Only goodness and kindness follow me all the days of my life; And I shall dwell in the house of the Lord for years to come." Psalm 23

I just had to include the entire Psalm! It is so beautiful and full of so many great promises and assurances. I am grateful that God presented this Psalm to me this morning. I have had a couple of very emotional days as I deal with continued exhaustion. I am just not one to have to live life at such a slow pace. This is really tough! When I feel some energy I think, "Oh good, I can pick up the pace again." But then I quickly become exhausted and must retreat.

I know this is temporary and I know this is all in God's timing. It's just some days it is harder to accept than others. But I must say that I now have a new perspective on Psalm 23. I love that it promises courage and that my cup will overflow. On the difficult days I must hold on to these promises and remember that in God's time I will be restored to good health.

Thank you to all for your continued encouragement and support. You are all in our prayers.
As we prepare to gather with family for the Thanksgiving holiday, let us remember to SAVOR THE BLESSINGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment