Thursday, November 5, 2015

"I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land." - Genesis 28:15

"And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus."- Philippians 4:19

" I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation." - Philippians 4:12


Wow, these three verses for today's reflection in the book Jesus Calling, really apply to my feelings for the day. I know that God is holding me in his arms as I go for my second treatment today. Please know that the treatments themselves are not painful, in fact the experience of being taken care of by the wonderful nurses and having a family member or friend spend time with me is rather enjoyable. I am also "forced" to recline the entire time since my port is "positional." So, so much for doing work. I have to just be present in the moment as I pray, enjoy the company and sleep.

The anxiety I feel going into treatment day is really about worrying about the side effects that will come. However, I am reminded time and time again through our Lord's promises that I need not worry. God will fulfill every need. I need to look at each day and even at each side effect as an opportunity. Indeed I have already been given so many opportunities to share God's love and to share the amazing gifts he has given us in the essential oils. I have shared the oils with nurses, doctors and patients. And people follow my blog and get to know me, then hopefully they see that all of the answers to our anxieties lie in knowing God's love and following His commandments.

Friends and Family, I ask you to add three more friends to your list of those who are healing from cancer. I can't believe I forgot to list them yesterday. God brought their names to my mind this morning which is actually why I am up so early.(I can't figure out how to change the time stamp on this blog, but it is actually 2:55am on Thursday, Nov. 5th)  I knew I needed to put their names out there for you to pray for them. Please pray for Jason, Doug and Victoria. They each have different types of cancer and are at different stages of the healing process. Thank you for praying for them as well.

May this be blessed and full of opportunities for each of you to share God's love.
Remember, you can call me or e-mail me at any time to discuss either God's promises or the gifts he has provided through essential oils. For those who don't know, I am a Wellness Advocate with the leading essential oil provider and I teach classes at night on the weekends about how to use essential oils to promote well being and to protect ourselves and our families from threats. Call me at 404-542-9210 or e-mail me at cristinazakis@yahoo.com.

Remember to #Savortheblessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment