Thursday, October 15, 2015

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith, who for the joy set before him, endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:1-2

Hebrews is one of those books of the Bible that I have not had the opportunity to study in depth or to turn to often. But, this quote is so perfect for today. I AM SURROUNDED BY A CLOUD OF WITNESSES! I am also surrounded by angels and saints!!!

As I head to my first chemotherapy session today I know that so many are praying for me and the family. It is so very comforting to know that we are being lifted by prayers. Just like Jesus had his friends along his walk to support him and make the load lighter, we have our family and friends doing the same for us. Please say a special prayer for my parents. This is hard for them to see their baby going through this trial. I imagine it is much like Mary felt watching her son having to carry out the will of our Lord on the cross. Pray for their peace and strength through all of this. They are amazingly strong in their faith which I know will carry them through. They also rely on their "cloud of witnesses" to lift them up. Thank you!

The boys are nervous as I am about how my body may react to the medicines. I certainly don't want to be an overly sick mommy for weeks and they don't want to see me that way. So, we are thinking positive and claiming the best outcome, even if I do have to rest often.

However, it is friends like the Romans (carpooling the kids to school), the Wilsons (setting up the meal train}, the Beckmans (from church and soccer- taking Paul to soccer) and family all around us who are pitching in today to make this a fun day for the boys and one that will be as normal as it can be. Pete will be staying the 8 hours with me and I'll also be visited by my little brother Mike and by my good friend and Breast Health Navigator, Amy. How blessed are we!??

When we support each other through trials we are the face of God. I see that reflection of God in each of you as you reach out to us. Thank you! The texts, phone messages, facebook messages and e-mails from old friends and new alike, mean so much to me. I do have to say that it has been fun reconnecting on a deeper level with friends from my alma mater St. Pius X Catholic High School. The outpouring of support from the friends in my class and other classes has been so beautiful. That is a bond that won't ever disappear! I am eternally grateful for the sacrifices my parents made to send us to St. Pius.

I have also already made some great new friends who have walked or are currently walking this same walk. How wonderful to talk with them and hear their bountiful energy through the phone reminding me that this too shall pass.

One last note, my 82 year old uncle Galo had to be hospitalized last night for a couple of blood clots in a leg. Please pray for him and his family! His birthday is tomorrow and has always been very special to me. Thank you for praying.

Much love to each of you and your families. May God grant you a day full of peace and perspective!
Don't forget to Savor the Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment